WryRai
Admin
Admin

https://wryrai.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Camel cart, Pros to Dodecahedron HQ

Post by WryRai on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:41 pm

A few minutes outside the city walls
So, do you think the gnome's image litters the land no more so than when he was leaving sculptures everywhere we went?
WryRai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ClockworkPanda on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:32 pm

That is not a comforting thought. Nor would it be surprising. Have you seen or heard of any others?
ClockworkPanda
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai on Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Now a fair distance from the city, a pattern of washed out gullies are carved from the hard-packed sand and clay. It is these gullies that conceal the bandit tribes in the desert. No soil provides nourishment for grass or herb, and only the heartiest of plant-life, prickly cacti and weedy bushes, can call this home. Occasional boulders seem to be scattered from the mountains in the distance.
I heard his "religion" is spreading like wildfire with the gods seemingly dead. It's not reached my hometown, and I haven't sought it out. But now that you mention it, there is the oddly unforgettable face here and there, seemingly grown from the stone wall or cliff-face. Like that one...
*Points at one of the boulders *
WryRai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ClockworkPanda on Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:37 am

The face protruding from the boulder appears remarkably lifelike. With little to protect it from the sand blown about by the winds, it is rapidly beginning to deteriorate. Curiously, the damage does not detract from the majesty of the apparition. Rather, it adds a sense of aged wisdom to an otherwise conflicted visage.

That... is unmistakably Obez's handiwork. It's not much surprise his faith is growing. He must be the only god unconcerned with Cyric's quest to slay Avatars. Many of the others have gone to ground in fear. One can only wonder how many are left.
ClockworkPanda
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:38 pm

*snorts as she stifle a laugh*
The gnome is gifted in drawing a crowd. Remember how much we sold that silly rowboat for?
*almost trips from laughing*
WryRai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ClockworkPanda on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:00 pm

How could anyone forget? Parading through the streets, carrying the leaky old thing! By Omtha's Beard, I've never felt so humiliated. *tries not to crack up, fails miserably* Damn you! It hurts to laugh!

Wait... weren't you out shopping for hats while the rest of us lugged the blasted thing around?
ClockworkPanda
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:36 am

*Eyes dart about, cheeks redden*
You were all dressed in weird robes, and seemed dedicated to the deed, I didn't want to interrupt. And besides, someone had to place the first bid...
Obviously looking to change the subject, Grynn steps a ways away from the caravan to draw her sword for practice. She begins swinging the blade in wide arcs and tight parries, that time perfectly with her steps and lunges. As the momentum builds, the air almost seems to hum, but not quite sing.
WryRai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ClockworkPanda on Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:13 pm

*watches for a few minutes, taking some mental notes*

You've picked up the form quite well. However, there is a little more to it.

Try something for me, if you would. Close your eyes and take a deep breath, empty your mind. Imagine we were sparring. Play out the battle in your head. See every cut, block, parry, counter. Find the path that will bring you to victory.

Now try it again, but keep your eyes closed. You've already won the fight in your mind. Allow your body to follow.
ClockworkPanda
GM
GM

Back to top Go down

Post by WryRai on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:55 pm

Grynn takes pause to absorb the teaching. She can see it, Eredil's longsword roaring with flame.
The elf lunges and feints a jab that she will turn into an overhead swing. I deflect to her left causing her swing to over-commit. As she steps to compensate, I spin low and elbow her ribs, causing loss of breath and further knocking her off balance. She has to stand wide and awkward to avoid falling. I complete my spin, now I'm almost kneeling behind her. Her foot lands heavy, her breath shortened. I pierce the gap on her inner thigh where the leg guards connect. Her femoral artery is severed, the blood rushes from the wound. In seconds she can't hold her sword, let alone herself, from falling to the ground. All her blood will return to the earth in the next minute.
Grynn draws the rapier from the sheathe, steel ringing against steel. Before the ringing stops, she's performed the deflection, spin and final pierce as a single action.
WryRai
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top